The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£1800 for wheels and tyres?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-pear...SwHjxe0UVM
£1800 for four new wheels and tyres? A quotation received last year from https://www.richards-bros.com/vintage-wire-wheels for four 19-inch wheels complete with new solid-centres and tyres, was from just under £1000 to £1320 depending upon the tyre chosen.
That company needs to be better known. It sounds very cheap to me.
Alan Fairless
(30-05-2020, 02:13 PM)Alan Wrote: That company needs to be better known.  It sounds very cheap to me.
I thought it was rather expensive - though bearing in mind the cost of the press tool to stamp out new solid-centres with the Austin script, possibly not too bad...  https://www.richards-bros.com/vintage-wire-wheels
It's not immediately obvious, but this is a trade sale by a well-known dealer in Dover.
Hi tony,

The price of wheels and tyres will vary on how much work is do.

If you have NEW RIMS. The price starts to rise very quickly.

And 17 inch rims may not be cheap.

A friend was quoted with one of the biggest vintage wheel builders in the country for new wheels, a few YEARS ago.

19 inch wheels, using original centres. All new spokes. New rims. Powder coated. £225.00 each. X that by 5 is £1,125.00

The tyres look like long stones, you can check there prices for 17 inch tyres. I'll guess £90.00 each. That's another £450.00

I'm sure they quoted me £25.00 each for tubes and tapes. Another £125.00

I think that's a total of £1,700.00

But that is if they had everything done, but they should have receipts to prove it if they have.

Isn't it scary to think austin 7 parts go up in price, just like everything else Wink  couldn't find a tongue in cheek imogy thingy.

Have fun tony.
The bodywork on that Pearl looks like it could keep the new owner busy for a fair while.
I have dealt with Richards Bros in Cardiff for thirty years at least.
Utterly reliable and honest.
The tyres on the Pearl aren't Longstones, they're 4.00/4.25 x 17 Excelsiors. You can just make that out if you go to the photo of the wheel and hover over it to zoom in. They're priced at £193.20 each inc VAT! Adding in Tubes and Rim Tapes that makes £211.20 each so 4 tyres alone total £845.

A set of four Longstones including Tubes and Rim Tapes work out at around half that.

Steve
(30-05-2020, 03:32 PM)Ian Dunford Wrote: I have dealt with Richards Bros in Cardiff for thirty years at least.
Utterly reliable and honest.
Yes, their service was first class.
Hi All

Another supporter of Richard Bros.  Just had a rim and spokes from them.  First class service!

Cheers

Howard