The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seats
Out of interest what type of wood is used in seats? I need to repair our chummy rear seat in which the wood frame has been snapped and I'd like to set a new piece in.
The wood used is Ash
Thanks, I assumed as much but the existing wood is quite grubby and difficult to identify!
hi KC,

the hobbiest will need a heavy duty walking foot machine. thats the biggest part of getting a good job. the rest is practise and experience.

ill start by saying we dont do uphaulstry anymore, just the odd ulster kit for people who ask.

but we started with professional heavy duty machines from a local sewing company. they brake the cotton on 4 folds or more when working with leather. we used 40lb cotton. the same thing. went onto needles with a longer cut for the cotton, same thing. we then went onto diamond tipped needless, still the same thing. it broke 40lb cotton on 4 folds or more.

we then invested in a £750 reconditioned heavy duty walking foot machine, around 12 years ago. and that solved the problem.

otherwise an amature will struggle with the wifes sewing machine.

thanks tony
Hi Tony, I refrained from putting your name up as I wasn’t sure Tracy was still doing upholstery.
All the best Gene