The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another one that's nice but requires deep pockets
Advertised on PreWarCar..... allegedly a rare survivor of a rare coachbuilt version.. so feast your eyes and consult y'r friendly bank manager on mortgaging the house https://www.prewarcar.com/303063-taylor-...emi-sports
This is a genuine and well known Taylor - a series of article were published in the A7CA Magazine by Bryan Norfolk around about 2005 on the cars and known survivors.
Hopefully priced to scare off the registration number strippers...
Except Hugh the sad b*****ds who like such status symbols will likely be peeing their gold lame underpants with the excitement of getting hold of this number.
Black Art Enthusiast
A gold lame spare tyre cover might justify the price. Tried to expand the picture size to check whether the clothes peg on the choke is  mahogany, or as it is a sporting car, maybe should be seasoned ash.

I wonder how and when DVLA will catch up on taking cars off SORN, number swaps,  new registrations, exchange of ownership etc.  Taking the dog for his essential walk this morning  I chatted at a suitable distance with the proprietor of the garage on the village. Having a car so modern that it requires an MOT, I said that although its MOT has been put off until November, I'd bring the ageing Saab down long before that. Asking him whether DVLA had given any indication of what plans there may be for catching up with at least six months of backlog, his technical answer was "No-ones told us anything, so I'm buggered if I know."
Just for you Steve.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i really dont see the problem with nice cars having nice prices.

lets face it, if they were worthless. less would have survived. and there would be nobody making parts for them. making them less desirable today.

as for the reg, thats a tricky one.

as we all know a nice reg can add value to a car, and in the uk anyone can contact the DVLA and have there car reg put onto non transferable status.

but how many austin 7 owners will deliberatly devalue there vehicle???

tony
Love the car - does not seem silly on price to me.
Nice to have proper history.
The only niggle in my mind is - why has it got a mag engine given its registration date?
It would be good to know the chassis number.
Looks really usable.
Tony, can you really ask the DVLA to make a registration number non-transferable? I looked into this last year and drew a complete blank. The response being the DVLA own the registration number, not the registered keeper of the vehicle and that they would not make such a change. Have you managed to do it? I'd be really keen to do it to all my cars, I feel very strongly about cars keeping their original registration numbers...
As far as I know, there is no easy facility to alter a registration number to non-transferable state. I managed it with one of my cars, but it was a risky strategy that I would not recommend as a secure way of doing things. What I did was I transferred another number to the car without securing the retention of the original number, then put the new number on retention and asked for the original number to be re-instated. It worked, and the original number was re-issued on a non-transferable basis; but this was some years ago when the local DVLA offices were around and I could talk to an official with some understanding and sympathy for the procedure. I'm not sure I would like to attempt the exercise today.