The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Multiple pictures
Has anybody sorted out how to post multiple pictures ?. Can somebody in the know do an idiots guide for this sort of thing such as we had on the previous forum. Please
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
OK I'll give it a go. 3 pictures from VSCC prescott 2015 just because i didn't need to resize them.

Once you have got to the reply screen below the typing box there is a blue header that says attachments. 
1: Next to where it says new attachment click 'choose file' then select the picture you want and click open.  It will put the file name next to the choose file button
2: Now click the 'Add Attachment' button to the right hand side of the attachment box. It will take a moment to upload, once done the page will refresh and it will appear in the attachments box below the choose file button. There will also be 2 new buttons parallel 'remove' and 'Insert into post'.
3: Click 'insert into post' (Again on the right hand side of the attachments box next to the file name in question). This will insert square brackets with attachment=number in your reply box. (NOTE: this is important as it puts the picture in with the text rather than in a separate 'attachments' box", as evidenced by many of the posts in the other thread)
This [attachment=number] image code will appear where you have the cursor at the time. Once you have the [attachment=number] you can copy and paste it anywhere in the post to make sure it appears where you want it, so do not worry if it is not in the right place first off.
4: Make sure the code is on a separate line to your typing or you will get a stray bit of text next to the picture making the text difficult to follow. Putting a clear line in between as below makes it quite clean.

Now for the second image, simply repeat steps 1 and 2. You will note that there is now another file added to the attachment box below the first. Now repeat steps 3 & 4 ensuring you click the button parallel to the second file. You now have an [attachment=number+1] in your reply box

Repeat for further images.

Click preview post to check, then if all is well, post.

Hope that is helpful, but just in case, good luck.
I am loading these pictures from an IPad , I have no problem getting the first picture on but subsequent images adopt the same number as the first and an error comes up, ( by the way management , white text on a pale tan background is very difficult to read). Will try again later.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Tell me about it Derek!!

I have done all of my administration work with this changeover on my mobile phone whilst away in the Cairngorm Mountains!

My mobile data and eyesight are being tested to the limit!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down!!
You'll need to come down under, then you will be the right way up  Big Grin
(09-08-2017, 09:18 AM)Ruairidh Wrote: Tell me about it Derek!!

I have done all of my administration work with this changeover on my mobile phone whilst away in the Cairngorm Mountains!  

My mobile data and eyesight are being tested to the limit!

Looks hair raising from down hair in the Sub Antarctic Smile
(09-08-2017, 08:22 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I am loading these pictures from an IPad , I have no problem getting the first picture on but subsequent images adopt the same number as the first and an error comes up, ( by the way management , white text on a pale tan background is very difficult to read). Will try again later.

Hi Derek, 
works  ok from  iphone.

OK I see its an apple thing. I have no experience of these Apple devices, so can't guarantee what I see on my laptop is the same as your devices.
A bit of googling suggests that for some reason the Ipad gives the same file name to every picture it takes, so that when you try to upload the next picture it sees the same file name as before and gives an error. See post #4 onward HERE
Unfortunately it doesn't give a solution, as I say I don't know what functions these devices have, but is it possible to change the photos file names on the Ipad so that they aren't all the same? Do know if there is a menu option when browsing your photos to achieve this. This 'should' solve the problem if it is possible.
Do Ipad and Iphone users all have the button to the right of the uploaded attachment, that says 'Insert into post' as per step 3?

All the best and good luck
[attachment=72 Wrote:Timothy P pid='150' dateline='1502285088']OK I see its an apple thing. I have no experience of these Apple devices, so can't guarantee what I see on my laptop is the same as your devices.
A bit of googling suggests that for some reason the Ipad gives the same file name to every picture it takes, so that when you try to upload the next picture it sees the same file name as before and gives an error. See post #4 onward HERE
Unfortunately it doesn't give a solution, as I say I don't know what functions these devices have, but is it possible to change the photos file names on the Ipad so that they aren't all the same? Do know if there is a menu option when browsing your photos to achieve this. This 'should' solve the problem if it is possible.
Do Ipad and Iphone users all have the button to the right of the uploaded attachment, that says 'Insert into post' as per step 3?

All the best and good luck
Timothy,

Here is a screen shot from my iPad, to show what is visible.
No problem with repeat numbers as these pictures were not directly taken on the iPad.

Roger