The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Wilfred, Street photography, London 1957-1962
Frederick Wilfred, Street photography, London 1957-1962

Possibly his RN in the first two photos.

.jpg   article-2146276-132790A9000005DC-427_634x624.jpg (Size: 91.63 KB / Downloads: 617)

.jpg   Frederick Wilfred, 8.jpg (Size: 87.78 KB / Downloads: 614)

.jpg   Frederick Wilfred,-1.jpg (Size: 96.27 KB / Downloads: 614)

.jpg   Frederick Wilfred.jpg (Size: 82.11 KB / Downloads: 614)

.jpg   Frederick Wilfred,.jpg (Size: 72.81 KB / Downloads: 614)
A fine selection from the work of Frederick Wilfred. My understanding is that his superb street photography remained unknown through his lifetime. He died in 2010 and I think the first exhibition of his work was in 2012. Any other forum contributors may be able to add to the history of the man, and I am sure that our more metropolitan members will be locating images before lunchtime today.
Beautiful.
http://www.luminous-lint.com/app/photogr...Wilfred/A/
worth reading this...

Someone ought to set him up a wikipedia page.
Wonderful photos. They are also a reminder of just how down-at-heel much of London was in the 1950s and 60s. The state of disrepair of many of the buildings is clear and in some areas it persisted for decades. Parts of Pimlico, for example, looked much as these well into the 1980s.
That's how I remember growing up in Chelsea in the 50's. Amazing the what would now be very collectable cars were abandoned. As children we would have played in and on them. It always puzzled me how children could strip parts off a far with no tools. Pete
Brilliant photographs, I remember delivering small bags of coal to houses like that in North West London, when I was a young boy and there were 30's cars like that regularly abandoned in the side roads and I wanted to save them all, even then...
That looks like an 'E' type parked up a tree - (Ford 8hp E Type). My apprentice mate had one back in 1964, I had the Ruby. His had a distinctive hole through the rad cowl and patch on the rad header tank where a piece of shrapnel had sought refuge under the bonnet.
Bob, you're getting your Fords and Morrises mixed up! Morris Series E, and yes, the photo is a Ford Model Y. (The four-door trampoline is an Austin Ten).
Definitely not a Series E - they had the headlights faired into the wings.

Whoops - beaten to it by Mike!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Yes,  'Y' type as corrected, well it was 56 years ago or so.  We used to go 6 up to Brooklands college in Weybridge either in the Ford or the Ruby - a bit of a squeeze!