The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder whether he gets any replies
£12,000 and the understatement of the year "largely complete". Well, apart from a thousand hours of work and other £5000, one has to agree. In addition, the dealer states, "please rest assured that most of our cars are purchased unseen". Are there so many idiots around that they buy a car "unseen" - and I love the idea that £12,00 is cheap and that one could bash it around without regard to damage on trails hills.
On closer inspection the Chummy is a total fake, probably not even 1924!
Black Art Enthusiast
At least the '24 Chummy does not pretend to be an absolute genuine discovery, and is offered by a trader who do not, as far as I know, have a bad name at all, offering useable machines rather than "investments"  It has everything needed to get much VSCC and other trialling use, if we ever get to trialling again, and the price is not silly.
 The ad on that site that has me smiling is the '27 Chummy, offered at a fiver less than 23g, worth every ha'penny guv. The first item that would worry me is the completely rebuilt engine, since when  ten years in which it has been "taken out for the occasional local run." Not run in then, and probably glazed bores. So it's possibly a big engine job to start with. 
Certainly the pile of bits is a ridiculous price, I mean there is no sign of the leather satchels to be fitted on the completed car. No German dealers will be rushing over to collect this one.
Do any of these cars put up for sale belong to forum members. I think at least one does (No names no pick drill). I wonder what their comments are?

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
    The 1931 SA sans saddlebags is mine, just for fun I revised the price upward just to see how quickly it would end up as part of this discussion, less than a day! The price is now reduced to £4400, to be honest I don't know what it's worth will probably float someone's boat.
The attached photos shows how it could look.
If anyone wants it pm me