The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder whether he gets any replies
 I wondered how long it would be for someone to come up with the decimal point theory; well done, JonE! I'm sure that's the explanation.
Why did it need to go to 2, did the 1st one do a bad job?
Not a bad job, but the first one didn't give him the answers he wanted!
Lockdown cabin fever right there....
Not that I am remotely thinking of selling my bog standard and reasonable condition Ruby, however if prices have increased that much since I bought it 20 years ago apart from all the pleasure it has given me I would consider it a good investment. In the real world however I probably would not get what it has cost me over the years when accounting for the original price and spare new parts to keep it running. I don’t mind this however the pleasure I have got over the years is priceless. I am not counting the times I swore at her when certain things went wrong and I could not work out what was wrong.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
£7500 for the car the rest for the rare transferable number plate !!!!!
One of the comments of the Facebook A7 page about this £125,000 car questioned how much it would cost to build entirely new A7.
I did once calculate, roughly, the cost doing this based on what I was told about the construction of an entirely new, exact down to the finest detail, replica Sopwith Pup fighter - an entirely professional build that started with just an original instrument panel. In 1985 the Pup came out at just over one million dollars (2.25 million today) - though the wealthy American enthusiast who commissioned it was more than a little cagey about the fine details... The job included such things as commissioning tooling, pattern making, casting, machining, the weaving of an exact reproduction of the original fabric covering and manufacture of the machine-gun 'interrupter gear' (a friend made all that), etc. However, it did not include the cost of flying over a Hollywood film crew to record the step-by-step stripping of an aircraft - belonging to the Science Museum - whose fabric was going rotten. In 1985 the cost of completely new 1928 Chummy built in the same way as the Pup, came out (as far as it was possible to estimate) at around half as much. Of course, with all the tooling and machining contacts in place, production replicas could have been built in a short series - the bare cost of these being around £50,000 each. Would any have been sold - who knows? If, today, an exact copy of a 1928 Chummy could be built on a mass-production basis, like any other modern vehicle, what could the price be? The cheapest modern hatchback is around £6000 - so, possibly £2500 (and only for sale in a Communist dictatorship with - assuming you to be a favoured person - a 10-year wait for delivery).
In the vintage aircraft world, things have moved on, take a look at these: https://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects...w-albatros    https://thevintageaviator.co.nz/sales/ai...opwith-pup
I wonder how much the tooling was in the day when Austin produced this model?
I recon his wife told him it has to go, so he's put a realistic price on it...  priced never to sell?
... and he made the mistake of telling her what it has actually cost  Big Grin