The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake linings
Hi, I’m new to the site having been encouraged by ‘ lock down ‘to resume  work on my two seat tourer after a 10 year wait..
Having re lined the brake shoes, ie riveted, two steel and two aluminium I find the linings a poor fit.
Though the rivets are tight the linings don’t fit tight to the shoes. This is at the end of the shoes particularly the alloy ones. (Staggered riveting) The linings are grey and fairly soft compared to originals.
Is this ok ? Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.
Hi, I would get them relined by Safetek, I have no connection with them other than bearing a satisfied customer
Ivor, can you post photos so we can see the fit?
As another satisfied customer I also use Saftek
Just trying to work out how to post a photo...
Re; posting photos - don't get downhearted, it is not straightforward, at least, not to an ordinary dimbo like me.

But I can usually make it happen, after the second or third try.   Though often I get 2 copies of one pic and not one of each.

And I remember, nearly every time, to resize the pic before starting so you don't get the dreaded "file too big" message and have to begin all over again.
Ivor, 
    with the softer linings they do tend to curl up at the ends of the shoes. 
 I have found when you have relined and fitted the shoes that if you put the handbrake on hard and leave it on for some time, then the lining will conform to the drum.
Ivor, as others have suggested send them to Saftek and ask for their Green Gripper woven aramid linings.
They are not expensive and you will have good linings that you can bed in properly. 
Are you running with cast iron drums?

Paul N-M
What is the cost of Thier green gripper and what's the approx turnaround times people have experienced?
Thanks
Mark
Mine were £105 inc tax and post, had them back in a week.Also had a clutch done by them.

Here you go, perfect full shoe contact
    K