The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot Quadrilette
I post that quiet period photo for it's similarity with those posted here recently by Tony Griffiths,  Ian Williams and others. It is from the french cyclecars site.

[Image: cf8ee610.jpg]

The car is a Quadrilette Peugeot. "Quadrilette" is a nickname given to a series of car produced by Peugeot between 1920 and 1924.

It reminds me how similar the A7 and Quadrilette architectures are. Judge by yourself:

[Image: croquis-plan-chassis.JPG]
[Image: croquis-coupe-essieu-avant.JPG]
[Image: croquis-boite.JPG]

One huge difference is the production numbers then! About 12000 only were made.
Great picture Renaud
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Renaud

Great pic, thanks for posting.

The huge spotlight is one way of rectifying weak headlights but would probably eat dynamo output.

Cheers

Howard
Lovely photo. The production numbers were not so different, Austin produced around 14,000 Sevens in the first four years. It was only with the factory reorganisation in 1925-26 that production jumped (another 14,000 in 1926 alone).
It may be that the huge spotlight burns acetylene. Hard to be sure from the photo.

Regards,

Stuart
One of the service areas on the motorway near Mulhouse has a Quadrilette on display in the main concourse, along with other Peugeot exhibits.
Absolutely fascinating! Is it a case of similar problems engender similar solutions, or did either Herbert Austin or Stanley Edge have the Bebe Peugeot in mind during the design stage?
I'm quite sure Herbert Austin had the Peugeot very much in mind. He was a confirmed Francophile, and Peugeot was a leading manufacturer, so he could hardly have been unaware of the existence of the company's products. Stanley Edge claimed he was not aware of the Peugeot, or at least that it did not figure in his input, but I think that was because HA had already prepared the ground with Peugeot influence before SE started on the project.
Great picture - lovely looking car.
I love front axle design - the details are so, well, elegant... The back axle, too, with its rather complex, individually-adjustable, rod-operated brakes. There is one of these cars in the Automobile museum below the Foundation Pierre Gianadda in Martigny, Switzerland, not far from where one of my sons lives. Next time I'm there, I'll take a much closer look.