The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch panel letterinmg
The letters on my switch panel are embossed and presumably were one painted white. No doubt the elves at Great King Street had a way of doing this, but I don't have access to their expertise. Any ideas on how to do it?
aren't they recessed? Add white enamel to area and wipe it off leaving the white in the recesses...
Rubbing over the lettering with a wax stick does the job. The sticks are available. I also use just a child's wax crayon.
Jim
Yes, easily done; this was done using Humbrol model paint, but with a little care there are several options. Try experimenting on a piece of flat plate - scratch the surface and away you go!

.jpg   007.800.jpg (Size: 52.67 KB / Downloads: 184)
The recomended way - published in various source over the years - is to paint the panel with black cellulose (after stripping and cleaning, of course), then to paint over the recessed letters with white enamel - as Mike suggests, Humbrol.

Once it has started to dry the excess enamel can easily be removed with white spirit, leaving the black cellulose untouched.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Thanks everyone. First I have to find the short in the switch between Winter & Summer charge.....