The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another nice Ruby
Big Grin 
What is great about the photos, is the fact the Lady enjoys being out and about and driving a great looking Ruby.
Some of you Grump Old Men need to get out more and be less picky.  Big Grin

Colin 
NZ
(12-05-2020, 10:13 PM)Colin Reed Wrote: What is great about the photos, is the fact the Lady enjoys being out and about and driving a great looking Ruby.
Some of you Grump Old Men need to get out more and be less picky.  Big Grin

Colin 
NZ

We’re not being grumpy, just taking an interest in a very nice motor car. 
If you want grumpy I’m sure we could come up with something!
    The photo shows just how small a Seven is the offside is nearer the kerb than the car behind it. Yes the grey really suits the Ruby, whilst the indicators tell other road users that don't understand hand signals what the driver intends, it's all very well putting them in the sidelights but the modern drivers wouldn't understand them. The other solution is to fit Harley Davidson headlamps internals in the headlights, these include indicator and sidelights and are surprisingly cheap and like the Ruby don't involve drilling holes in the body.
Just a quickie I'm afraid - work calls.

Attached Files
.jpg   kerb.jpg (Size: 282.84 KB / Downloads: 400)
(13-05-2020, 09:43 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: The photo shows just how small a Seven is the offside is nearer the kerb than the car behind it. Yes the grey really suits the Ruby, whilst the indicators tell other road users that don't understand hand signals what the driver intends, it's all very well putting them in the sidelights but the modern drivers wouldn't understand them. The other solution is to fit Harley Davidson headlamps internals in the headlights, these include indicator and sidelights and are surprisingly cheap and like the Ruby don't involve drilling holes in the body.

Hi Dave, just wanted to say that I’ve got very bright flashing indicators in my 1937 Opal sidelights and they work extremely well — no problem with moderns seeing them. As far as the modern driver is concerned he sees a noticeable signal in the expected place, ie the corner of the car.
I do have LEDs though.
Earlier Sevens with no side lights are trickier.
Lovely to see a beautiful looking Ruby out and about shopping for essential supplies!
Hang on, looking at the plate that's a different car. I' sure those two old ladies sat at the bus stop could be heard saying, you can be here for ages waiting for a grey Ruby, then two come along, one after the other.
Steve I agree perhaps it should be titled “ Another two nice Ruby’s”

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I go to Boroughbridge regularly and I've never seen it before. When I'm in the Austin it usually attracts a few interested bods.
I'll have to look out for that grey one...
It's just Tony's signature of appreciation !