The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The seaside run
A restored cover - showing what might be possible at the end of the summer; perhaps. Click the image for a higher resolution copy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don't you just love Mater's parasolĀ  Big Grin
Ten knots lost by the parasol; one more by the spade...
GQ Parachutes used the Napier Railton for parachute testing but a Chummy got there first!
I see the artists haven't parked the starting handles.
GQ Parachutes used the Napier Railton for parachute testing but a Chummy got there first!.

Back in the early 80,s I worked for GQ Parachutes in Woking, my boss had a photo of the Napier Railton with the Drag shute rig on the back,
he was also the 'live' ejector seat tester, being shot out of a Meteor rear seat, think it was at Chalgrove, nr Oxford.
What a lovely image, looks like the artist increased the size of the brakes some time before the factory went to 7" drums.
Two of my grandchildren love to holiday in Corsica, so I sent them a Touchnote postcard along the lines of, "Here are the first two left-hand drive Austin 7s imported into Corsica in 1925. Perhaps you'll see them next summer, driving along the beach road at Prunete....[url=https://touchnote.com/][/url]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)