The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
High or low frame - what is the particular difference?
I have downloaded spare part list dated 11-33 with only BR 100 frame and an other spare part list 12-35 with BR 100 and BR132. Where can I download spare part list with BR121?
http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_1029B.pdf
Ha, yes sorry Mike, I was just trying to be clear in case anyone out there had a Nippy or similar which had lost it original chassis, its not as simple as replacing it with a late box saloon chassis if you are seeking authenticity.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you Mike

the drawings seem to be identical. I guess only the part number has been altered in 1935.
You can not rely on the hand book drawings as accurate illustrations, sometimes it appears that the artists used generic drawings.
Black Art Enthusiast
uuups - that will complicate my investigation identifying the parts of my car.
Changing the artwork for the illustrations in parts lists is much more expensive than changing the text. The illustrations seldom changed unless the part was very different.
The pictures are only there to help identify the part described in the text.
Jim
I thought we had already identified that your car is special constructed from the remains of a low chassis Ruby era car.

I suggest that you would do better identifying things by posting clear pictures here and asking sensible questions than than you will looking through hand books for the reasons we have been trying to explain to you.
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian I understand your point of view and your fear to feed a troll because I am author for FAQ in an other forum for modern cars with more than 4000 postings by my own and more than 1500 thanks from other users. But the car is garaged 20 miles away and it is not easy to make clear pictures at any time or to examine a particular part which is subject of questions. Unfortunately I must purchase parts for a to me nearly unknown car and therefore I want to understand the system round about the Austin 7 and I will be happy to get input as a dry sponge that sucks water.
(10-05-2020, 09:10 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Ha, yes sorry Mike, I was just trying to be clear in case anyone out there had a Nippy or similar which had lost it original chassis, its not as simple as replacing it with a late box saloon chassis if you are seeking authenticity.
Is it possible to list the differences between a Ruby and Nippy chassis? Is there a definitive list? It would be very interesting to know.