The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Bearing Crank Engine - Centre Bearing Question
Hi Jamie et al,
The Speedex site is in the process of being transferred onto the A7CA site, it's all there, I'm just waiting for it to be uploaded.

Your experience matches mine, these crankcases are invariably distorted with the centre housing being too high, nearer the head. You can check this with a DTI on assembly and fit shims to overcome it. I haven't worked out why this is, there's no visible evidence of distortion or movement. I've found that different stud tensions do not make a difference to the housing position. Another factor is that the bearing housings are not all the same and you may not have a matched pair, matched into your crankcase. If as you muse that the bearing housing is too low, towards the sump, you'll have a lot of difficulty getting the shell in, though I've never found one like this. I find working on these a satisfying engineering challenge, but maybe there's other things in life..............

Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three Bearing Crank Engine - Centre Bearing Question - by Speedex750 - 04-05-2020, 08:42 AM