The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flat spot on tyres
May be someone have an solution to get rid of surface spot on tyres. They are dated in 2007 ,but otherwise in nearly new condition .They are Blockley type 3.50x19 .The car has been standing for 9 years until last year, with one drive for MOT in September 31 miles. The last two weeks 124 Miles run .Yesterday I had a closer look at wheels(round with out using micrometer) and rear tyres have one and two surface. I think that is why the body jumps at speed lower than 30 Mph .Tyre pressure 25 Psi. And lowered to 22 Psi.
Thanks in advance Mogens.
If the flat spots haven’t rolled out in 120 miles it’s unlikely they will. I’d get new tyres.
Alan Fairless
Allan , you are probably right about that the flat will not disappear,  but now it looks like no rain for a while ,so I will go for a drive more ,and try some less smooth roads and keep speed low ,then I can´t feel the not round tyres.
Mogens
I think you may find road-holding may be a problem even you can't feel the flat spots!
I have an opinion that says, tyres of that age should be thrown away purely on the grounds of safety.
You will not get rid of flat spots anyway.
Personally I would put Longstones on the car - they run really well on a standard car.
Hope that is not too disappointing.
If they are dated 2007 then the appearance of what might look like reasonable tread is irrelevant. Look closely at the outsides of the side walls, and really to be certain look at the insides as well. Realistically, just replace them before bothering with anything else.
I agree wiv' im!
It does seem a shame to consign them to scrap, but they were quite cheap back in 2007 and your life is worth more than a new set of tyres surely
For change out of £400.00 you can have a set of 5 350 * 19 delivered....strikes me as a bargain.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/350-19.html

I've just had three with tubes and rim tapes for my BSA , three days from PayPal to my door. Gas/fan heater to warm them up a bit and you can "heel" them on in a few minutes without levers.
Of the various tyres made here one brand ACE seemed to survive cracking better than any other. Still to be seen in club turnouts despite last made probably in the 1970s or earlier! The stiff walls may not improve handling but many old tyres were like that new.