The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged or Unservicable parts
Hi All, Patrick (son & heir) and I have spent the day sorting the A7 boxes in the shed. All of them. This is to try and cut down my buying bits for his car, that we already own, however deeply buried they are!

This has generated a significant pile of original A7 bits, mostly pre 1930, that are damaged, worn, cracked or all of these! Broken or 'spun' halfshafts, chipped or toothless crown wheeels, broken castings inc. mag timing case and coil dynamo mounting, chipped timing gears, a camshaft with chipped oil pump drive teeth etc. I suspect this lot all needs chucking away, but can anyone think of a use, sculpture? etc
 It is available free of charge to anyone who wants all or some of it, and if you make a good enough case i will even pack and ship it at my expense, but you have to have a good idea! Lock down challenge.

W
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

hi winston,

now you know why it takes me a week to sort the parts you ask for in GOOD CONDITION.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

there is so much scrap out there.

if someone wants to make a really large sculpture, i have a pill of scrap 7 parts whaiting to go to the tip. but cant under lockdown.

hope someone comes up with something fun though, tony.
How about building an engine from all those parts as the perfect compliment to one of the “waterski” specials!
(02-05-2020, 09:10 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: How about building an engine from all those parts as the perfect compliment to one of the “waterski” specials!

Well spotted, a match made in heaven!
Indeed, with lockdown making the River Teme inacessible to the wealthy water sport classes, there are probably numbers of disused waterskis lying about as well. At other times no doubt arrangements could be made in the back bar of the Vaults.
Or you could build a remote gear change like the one Joss recently posted here, all from scrap bin parts.
Black Art Enthusiast
Ive just added a lengthened carden propshaft and a short stump of same......
I'm a bit lost on the waterski references...
It would be a very heavy remote gear linkage!
Amazing though how after you throw something away you find a way in which it might have been useful.
waterski refers to an eBayer who is described by some people as selling some crappy half-finished special at what they think is a vastly inflated price, caveat emptor, as always.

if something is too good to be true then it usually is!

so, with your broken & busted parts, making something that could fit in with this eBayer...
It would be a bit of fun to make up a cutaway engine using all damaged parts, ideal for a man cave and probably sellable on E bay!