The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car SOS
Watched it this morning and found it to be the most enjoyable episode I can recall.

The 'silliness' content was moderate, Tim Shaw managed to behave like an adult for most of the time, Fuzz was his usual amiable self, the commentary was good, and the story very touching.

A super advertisement for the Seven and a credit to all who took part.
An amusing, light-entertainment programme - a sort of "Goon Show" of Car Restoration. The fabric joint fitted looked very tatty and ready to let go at any moment.
Remind me never to watch programmes like that again. I'm interested but cannot bear the fakery and value my 30 minutes more than that!
The little Citroen that inspired the colour scheme is worth as much as a cheap running Seven!
I have resisted the temptation to watch the programme. Despite being a fellow Sheffielder I find Tim Shaw seriously annoying and if I met him in the street I'd probably want to smite him about the head with mighty blows. He's a complete dick.
Hardly a complete dick... From Wikipedia..

At the age of 12, Shaw was certified as a "creative genius" in problem solving by the British Dyslexia Association. At 16, he was designing products such as folding walking aids, fast flashing brake lights that illuminate when cars brake heavily and rubberised ice cube trays.Soon after, he was awarded a scholarship in Engineering from Oxford University. He was named one of the "Young Engineers of the Year" twice, in 1992 and 1994. Before pursuing a career in radio and television, he studied Mechanical Engineering and Product Design at university. He has a degree in Professional Broadcasting.

And the role he plays in the show I would imagine, is exactly that, a role he plays...
Being seriously clever doesn't stop one from being a dick!
(03-05-2020, 06:38 PM)David Stepney Wrote: Being seriously clever doesn't stop one from being a dick!

I suspect that his (presumably) ex wife shares your view. I like her style.

Shaw's wife, Hayley, sold his Lotus Esprit, worth £25,000, for 50p on eBay after he told Jodie Marsh live on air that he would leave his wife and two children for her. Hayley placed the lot on the auction site at the 'buy it now' price of 50p with the description 'I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street.' The car sold within five minutes.
when he got home, did he ask if fuzz had taken the car to restore it as a surprise  Big Grin
He does seem to be a traditional English eccentric. Here's the best article I can find about his antics; the details are revealing - and amusing. He can only be grateful that his long-suffering wife didn't take the Bobbitt route.....