The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car SOS
(01-05-2020, 10:56 AM)charlie carpenter Wrote: really enjoy the show and at least that's another car back on the road. Always love the owners reaction.

Agreed. I don't watch it often but this was particularly sweet and for a newbie like me actually a bit informative. (I also like the show so much than Overhaulin') but that is another conversation.
if overhaulin got there hands on it, it would have a V8 in it and a flash set of alloys by now. (love the quality of there work though).

good to see chris with the car, all you need know is to be let out of lockdown to use it.

the show is just what we need to promote our baby austins. well done fuzz.

if it was left to bangers and cash to promote our cars. , last i see was them saying prewar cars are almost obsolete. theres only a few of us left who will put up with them. Huh

tony
Absolutely brilliant enjoyed every single minute. Thanks
I love this programme, great fun and very entertaining.
Thanks.
Sympathetically done. Did not have to grit my teeth much. Noted the precision torque wrench used for radius arm nut. Sevens may pitch head off shoulders but not really boneshakers. A colleague had a Riley 9 and it seemed devoid of springs. An explanation of “chummy” would have interested many.  I would be far more worried that the kingpin fell out than the inconsequential lift. The steering arm looked new. Would have been more interesting if the newbie vintage driver had encountered some normal road waves and patches. Pulling ½ inch sparks would finish off most magnetos. They run those very small gaps for a reason. Motor sounded very untypically smooth. The original owner took off very well, but probably not the first take. No mention of the hand advance. Unfortunate the colour always associated with Mr Big Ears.
The early cars are very neat; everything in apprpriate proportion, even the steering arm.
Based on a tradesmans wage or more appropriately a teachers, L165 translates to far more than L6,000 today. (Wage then L3 to L5 per week)
Thanks Again.
(01-05-2020, 11:24 AM)John H Wrote: Looks like you can watch it here....

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tmr78

Thanks for the link, very much enjoyed that. Interesting that they blur out the Penrite sign in the workshop maybe they didn't want to pay for an appearance.
Cheers

Mark
As far as I'm aware Fuzz is a director of Classic Oils along with Guy Lachlan. Guy also has the Penrite franchise.

Paul N-M
I have just caught up on the programme via the link - thank you for posting that.

Chris G - you were very brave allowing them to drive your car, it was making my toes curl!
The car was returned undamaged as I found in later use. Tim's use of the clutch / gearbox left a little to be desired even though I did explain that racing changes really didn't suit. Perhaps the speed over the speed bumps was a little excessive. Fuzz, knowing Sevens well, did keep an eye on him. The car is well put together and strong...and it also has the original 1 1/8" crank in it!
I trust that Fuzz's activities with the king pin were just for the programme, the ease with which he removed it was somewhat alarming.