The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamblin Cadet
        I am rebuilding my Hamblin Cadet and would like to know a bit about it has anybody got any info 
Reg No/DKO341 Chassis No/262364 Engine No/ M250216 any info would be great,
Great to see your car Mick.

Welcome to Austinsevenfriends. You’ve come to the right place for help.

I’m sure folk on this forum will encourage and support you with your project.

Alan (Senlac Sevens)
Interesting. You should follow the 50s/60s Specials group on Facebook too, to find some other owners.
What spec is it underneath the bodywork? Which bit of Sussex are you in.
Mick,

I have sent you a PM (personal message).

Alan

Hi thanks I will try the facebook the engine is well modified I am trying to find out exactly what has been done will try and send a photo to you see if you know anything about it.
Thanks Mick

Hi Alan 
hope yo can see the photo
Nice project Mick. I've never seen a distributor driven(?) like that before.
The oil hose on the side looks like it was intended to incorporate a filter?

By the way I have a Cadet windscreen if of any interest - not free but not expensive either - message me if interested.

Is that oil pipe feeding oil from the front cam bush to the centre one,or the other way round ? Either way if the split centre cam bushes have been retained a lot of the oil pressure will be lost.
I assumed it was drilled up into the oil gallery but it's not an obvious way to do it - only one way to know for sure I think.
Chris,

My understanding is that some of the owners who use their cars competitively drive the distributor directly off the camshaft to give them a wider choice of advance characteristics by using distributors from other cars.

I'm sure those with more knowledge will comment more comprehensively.

Alan
Hi I think the car was used for racing or hill climb I have not had the car running as it was in a sorry state when I got it.
It has 12 v electric, hidrotic brakes, bowden independent front & back suspension, twin su carbs, home made inlet a
& exhaust manifold, 16" wire wheels with spokes moved out. I don't know much about the car it was left in a shed for 20 years
the man only drove it once it was fast he park it and was to frightened to drive it again, he got it on the 8th April 1992 from
Frazer Nash Cars Ltd
Lockeriey Green Garage
Romsey
Hants
anyone know any more ??
Mick