The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil pressure relief valve for pressure fed crank?
Hi,
 Could any point me in the direction of a supplier for the adjustable oil pressure relief valves to go with the pressure fed cranks please?
                                                                                                                                                                                    Many thanks Barry
You can modify an original valve (first photo) or Quarry Engineering make one (photo 2) the valve with the shorter spring in the first photo is the one Paul Bonewell supplies with his pressure pumps. 
                                                                   Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   relief valve Quarry Engineering.jpg (Size: 19.18 KB / Downloads: 211)
Hi Terry,
thank you for the information. Great help.
Many thanks Barry
Pigsty Racing make an external adjustable oil pressure valve.
Mine is mounted on the front right hand side of the head.
The oil comes out of the oil gauge hole which is oversized through an oil filter mounted on the head then into the releif valve.
The oil gallery is blocked so the oil feeds the cam from the blanking plug on the side and the crank is fed through the Nippy nosepeice.
The return is a new drilling into the crankcase under the dynamo just above the gauze and to the side away from crank rotation.
I run 60 psi which drops to 30 psi on tickover when hot.
This set up has been in action since 1995/96 with a 1980s Alan Crank and rods.