The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulsteroid trials and tribulations
    Back in March I did the Torbay trial in the Ulsteroid. This event uses some of the hills also used on the MCC Exeter trial, such as Simms and Tipley, along with others of varying severity. I have to say I have no desire to try to get an Austin 7 up Tipley again, some of the holes were horrendous! After a couple of hills the slight click when taking up drive became a nasty clunk and despite being very gentle with things eventually the o/s drive shaft gave up the good fight and all drive was lost after hill 9. Well after a summer of WAY too much work and not enough play, I have finally got the axle off and am in the process of rebuilding it. Having entered class 0 on the Exeter trial (slightly less damaging hills than the main trial, but no Simms) The car also needs a reversing light and map reading light fitting. Father doing the electrics whilst I do the oily bits. the cream crackered shaft can be seen in the foreground.

Messages In This Thread
Ulsteroid trials and tribulations - by Special Bits - 07-11-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Ulsteroid trials and tribulations - by DavidL - 26-04-2018, 01:44 PM