The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burghley lockdown
Hello folks hope your all ok and coping.
My ever faithful burghley has been off the road for the last year, rebuilt a Morgan three wheeler and then moved house....... the poor old burghley was worn out from years of use. So now it’s time to get it back on the road.....actually got time to do it! 
Sorted the clutch yesterday and dropping engine in today. 
Then all the jobs I should have done years ago .

Here’s a photo (if I’ve done it right?)of the burghley on the hardknott pass a few years ago....

Cheers 
Tom
Tom's photo...
.jpg   IMG_0372.JPG (Size: 120.1 KB / Downloads: 426)
That's a lovely car,

Would be good to have it back on the road were it belongs.

Have fun with it.

Tony.
Perfect

Butterfly wings and a proper wood rear deck!

I think I’ve seen it a few times in Llandrindod at the VSCC Light car weekend.

Cheers

Howard
Super!
I had several photos of this baby as a reference aid when I was building my Benjaustin. Glad it's back in the road.
Thanks for all the comments. It’s a very special car for me as my grandad bought it in the late 40s and my late father had it for many years. I managed to get the remains of it back in the family and rebuild it. It’s done 10 years solid as everyday transport not too mention hill climbs , trials and vscc light car events.I’m not sure how many miles it’s done in that time but last year it started to ..... shall we say fade in certain areas. So it’s had a rest For a year while I got on with other jobs and now it’s time to get it back on the road.
Dropped the engine in today , all ok but discovered blic magneto playing up..... so sorting that at present.

I think I wrote up some of the cars history and amazing coincidences that occurred when rebuilding the car on the old forum.... not sure if it’s still there but worth a look if it is.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks for all the comments. It’s a very special car for me as my grandad bought it in the late 40s and my late father had it for many years. I managed to get the remains of it back in the family and rebuild it. It’s done 10 years solid as everyday transport not too mention hill climbs , trials and vscc light car events.I’m not sure how many miles it’s done in that time but last year it started to ..... shall we say fade in certain areas. So it’s had a rest For a year while I got on with other jobs and now it’s time to get it back on the road.
Dropped the engine in today , all ok but discovered blic magneto playing up..... so sorting that at present.

I think I wrote up some of the cars history and amazing coincidences that occurred when rebuilding the car on the old forum.... not sure if it’s still there but worth a look if it is.

Cheers
Tom

Mag update......
engine in which I know is ok and ready to go. No spark from mag. Took mag off and checked it out. No spark at the ht lead...... traced it back too the sprung brush which fits in the cap..... the spring had fallen apart and causing it not too contact. Replaced and big spark .
Just swung the engine and it fired and ran fine.
So the lockdown burghley is progressing and we’re running again.
Get the radiator and stuff back on then it’s the joys of sorting the 6” brakes.
All good stuff

Tom
Great to hear it's up and running Tom!
Brilliant news Tom, we met at the Cotswold Trial at Long Compton and you told me the story of the Burghley then...that tea and a roll up went down well!