The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I have in my garage?
You're quite right, on this machine the detail work makes it wholly forgivable. Was this snapped in the paddock at a speed event and did it go as quickly as appearances suggest?

(This reply was meant to be attached to the Buick post, but the mighty power has caused it to rush off on its own.)
Bella, I believe this car was built using fibreglass body sections for example the tail and scuttle at least, these are I believe copies from an Australian Meteor body that I am informed are are still available through the club there. The doors are I believe something added at the builders whim and the wings may well be modified steel austin. I know you have said not, but I suggest you look at the car more closely and this information may help your cause, you could conceivably argue that this is a Meteor replica, certainly that argument has more credibility than it being a Speedy replica. It may even be the case that the car was constructed in Australia before being imported to NZ, sadly form the moment the car appeared for sale here there have been attempts to deceive potential purchasers.
Black Art Enthusiast
@Ian Williams

Thank you for the hints.

I'm not a native speaker. What is a scuttle? My translator says it is a little ship. It is the bulge for the accelerator pedal?

The car has two dents at the tail. That is impossible if fibreglass is present. The wings  are made of aluminum too. You can see the weld. I agree that the pre owner does not loves the truth. That is a reason I'm in difficulties. Facts have been obscured to give the impression that it is a sports car - say Nippy, Ulster, Speedy or Grasshopper. In the DLVA registration certificate that efforts perhaps end with an entry as "sports".

Do you have a picture of or a link to that meteor body? When did they start with that body?

If you say an owner has made attempts to deceive potential purchasers -  can you determine a timestamp? One thing I found is that the car has been in the hands of NZ Cartel Works. See Scroll down to pictures.

[url=http://cartel.works/restoration/][/url]
The dynamo is a 4 pole early 30s prior the 35A, but quite satisfactory.
The scuttle is that part of the bodywork between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment, ie rearwards of the bonnet - the bit where the dashboard and windcreen is.
@Bob Culver

Thank you for identifying the dynamo. The dynamo field has no connection to an ignition switch. Therefore the field has no regulation by resistors. There is only a connection between the two connectors of the dynamo. I guess that is the reason for burned bulbs. Because German rules require additional equipment and the lights are a safety factor I will go for 12V with a dynamator.

@Reckless Rat
@ Ian Williams

I'm not really sure but the scuttle shows a little effect of magnetism. At this point it needs some more investigation.
Apparently many find LED lighting less expensive. If you are going to get involved in the electrics, and because it has a less common dynamo, the Cornwall site article A Charging Refresher will likely prove helpful.
Many run their cars with the dyn and Field directly connected so permanent full output. must not be run without connection to system and battery. With ignition only load, should not charge much above 8 amps. Should not damage bulbs, but all systems will if poor battery connection.
LED is a no-go for historical cars in D.
The Austin Seven Club in Melbourne has been manufacturing fibreglass Meteor replica bodies for over 20 years.

Fibreglass Replica Austin Seven Meteor 

.jpg   Fibreglass Meteor2.jpg (Size: 68.69 KB / Downloads: 267)

Fibreglass Replica Austin Seven Meteor

Austin Seven Meteor body- possibly fibreglass- side view. 

The original 1930 steel Meteor bodies were regularly built by Flood Motor Bodies Melbourne.
This is a n Austin Seven Speedy- with lowered chassis using flattened springs and dropped beam front axle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)