The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chateau Impney
For ten years up to 1967, Chateau Impney was the venue for sprints. Five years ago,motorsport returned in the form of a hillclimb. This rapidly became very popular with invited competitors and spectators, the car park seeing numbers of lines of Sevens. It was much commented upon and illustrated in the forum, last year including pictures of the "Wall of Death" Seven. Somewhat surprisingly, the Spollon family earlier this year announced that the hillclimb would no longer take place. Predictably ,the virus meant that the hotel had to close in March, this has just been followed by the announcement that the  operation will not re-open post-virus and has been finally closed down.
Hi steve,

That's sad news.

I didn't get the time to attend the hill climbs, although wanted to.

I think this virus will finish or change alot more thing that we enjoy.

Many of these BIG companies etc, go down very quickly in a crisis.

Tony.
What a dreadfully sad piece of news.
As you say Steve the hill climb had been cancelled earlier this year.. although there was always a hope that it may resume in the future but with the hotel closing its doors that would appear to be in touch now

I’d just like to offer my thanks and gratitude to the Spollens for hosting,for my money,the premier event of the year, Goodwood has become far too commercial. So unfortunate that even in the face of quality a fine weekend in glorious souroundings such as this succumbs to financial pressure.Very sad.
My first visit was in the mid 1970s en route from John O Groats to Lands end in a triumph TR4.

I did not return until last year's Hill climb but sadly did not enter the building as I was enjoying the event.

Photos of 2019 https://vintageman.zenfolio.com/p1066176556
What a great pity. It was on my 'must do' list.
Very sad, I never attended the hill climb, but on two occasions traveled there in my Lotus Super Seven for events, one featuring a very naughty Nooky Bear, whom Roger de Courcey was attempting to control...a great night for so many reasons...
I saw de Courcy and the bear at a, ahem, 'gentlemen's  smoking evening' in the 80s and I am still receiving therapy.
many years ago i worked for widowson haulage in leicester, "if im honest i worked to hard for a bad company"

what can i say, i was young.

they had there christmas party at a local hotel near the M69. but that was the limit of there generosity. no real entertainment.

until someone noticed another company had rented the room next door for there christmas party. and guess what. there entertainer was roger de courcy and nooky bear.

needless to say one room was full. and the other had a hand full of widowson haulage managers and owners in it.

a very funny night. ALL ROUND.

tony
(10-04-2020, 07:09 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I saw de Courcy and the bear at a, ahem, 'gentlemen's  smoking evening' in the 80s and I am still receiving therapy.

Ah! Precisely the same type of events I attended Nick!

.jpg   impney-progcover.jpg (Size: 50.86 KB / Downloads: 122)
I had to look up de Courcey, so whilst I was at it I tried to find any info about the legendary blues festival. Viola, the programme!