The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dig deep!
Anyone fancy a spot of gardening?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le...iMtQx76BrI
"John has since started on a long and time-consuming restoration back to original, in order to stay out of the house"
Wink 
Surely that should read "Jon"!
The most exciting finds I've managed to dig up are a couple of Tudor coins and some sixteenth century nails ...
Straight to the article. "One suggestion is that it might be a military vehicle." Immediately followed by a picture of a Pop, apparently armed with a cannon. Thanks to the picture library, or is that yet another photoshop job?
I saw that elsewhere and it reminded me of a story I heard in the early 70's. It was suggested that Vic Eastwood who had formerly been an AMC works rider had "forgotten" that he had one of the works scramblers and when someone came to ask for it back he hurriedly buried it in his then garden in Bexley, leaving it when he moved. I later got to know him quite well but never had the courage to ask him if the story was true and if so was the bike still there, as he passed away earlier I guess we will never know (no I do not know the address in Bexley)!
(09-04-2020, 11:08 AM)orthoptera Wrote: I saw that elsewhere and it reminded me of a story I heard in the early 70's. It was suggested that Vic Eastwood who had formerly been an AMC works rider had "forgotten" that he had one of the works scramblers and when someone came to ask for it back he hurriedly buried it in his then garden in Bexley, leaving it when he moved. I later got to know him quite well but never had the courage to ask him if the story was true and if so was the bike still there, as he passed away earlier I guess we will never know (no I do not know the address in Bexley)!
that is worth posting on #Bexley social media somehow, with people having time on their hands...

Someone will either recognise the former owner, find the bike through intense gardening, or more possibly several murder victims in the borough.
Thanks for the link, most amusing.
American TV; so loud, so excited; so shouty; so all-the-same (including the cloned female newsreaders). Imagine the same scene in the UK: "I say old chap. What's this? Gosh. A motor-bicycle. How remarkable. Mabel, bring out the tea and let us have some small refreshment - oh, and please phone the Gardner; get him to come and finish this tiresome job. Pub, anyone?
My pal Malcolm has something similar buried in a pond at the very bottom of his rear garden. Not much, if anything, left now but I do remember seeing the remains of a roof there a while ago.

Steve