The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another simple question !!!!!!
    ARQ Ruby !!!!!

Do the 2 plates/pressings that support the rad and rad surround fit Inside, or Outside the engine bay side skins ???
Answers on a postcard please !!!!  Confused
On mine the panels which are part of the bodyshell are innermost, the rad-support panels are outside these and the rad shell is outside the rad-support panels. If that's not clear I can take a photo later.

Of course they may not all be the same!

Peter.

I think this image stolen from another post shows the cowl inside...
The panel with the 'F-nut' ( rad mounting stud and nut ) is the one in question, is it bolted directly to the wing stay irons or outside of the engine side skin /
I,ll send a pic tomorrow.

.jpg   20200404_163522.jpg (Size: 455.01 KB / Downloads: 297)

The panel that supports the radiator sits outside the bit extending forward from the body shell, which sits up against the cow horn.

.jpg   20200404_164013.jpg (Size: 350.09 KB / Downloads: 292)
Thanks Nick, next daft question ??? You Rad Shell looks light it sits 'inside' the plates in question, is that so ?
Yes. As does the one in the drawing above.

With the cowl inside the plates it's a lot easier to remove when the wings and valence are fitted.
I have tried fitting my cowl on the inside but the flange on the lower back edge of the cowl prevents this. It has been repaired many years ago so perhaps it has lost its original shape but it does look almost identical to yours Flywheel.

Peter.

.jpg   20200404_213843.jpg (Size: 325.58 KB / Downloads: 183)

.jpg   20200404_213754.jpg (Size: 349.82 KB / Downloads: 183)

The spare cowl in the shed doesn't appear to have been messed with...
My thoughts are that the rad mount studs will limit the ability to fit the plates on the 'outside' of the rad shield, but before I finalise the re-build I'll give it try ?