The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy tank
I've been asked about the possibility of making a new Chummy petrol tank. Is there a dimensioned drawing available anywhere?
124 views and no nearer a drawing...
I think it's the Bermuda tringle Duncan; I probably hexed you with my shipwreck tale.
Sorry, I know nothing about Chummy tanks or I'd be delighted to help.
I have a spare you can borrow to copy
Thanks, that would be great. Where are you? If within striking distance il come and collect... I'm not sure about carriers at present, they seem to be very busy and thus a bit slow.
Perhaps you could send me a PM?
Possibly a naive question, but are all 'Chummy' tanks the same?
early and late inlet positions...
Duncan, is this to be in aluminium or stainless? I'm sure I had a conversation with someone about the stresses on the mounting lugs making it a difficult one for softer metal. Presumably that motorsport company doing all the Ruby ones uses aluminium for lightness, but how is it with ethanol?
Early clamp strap later bolt lugs.
Why not make it exactly the same as an original??
Black Art Enthusiast
I would make it exactly like the original but Terne plate is no longer available.
Roach do them in tinplate which is the nearest equivalent but I'm not sure that tinplate would react well with water/ethanol mix.
While it's not so much the water that causes the rust, it's the oxygen that forms the ferrous oxide. I'd be tempted to tin the floor of the tank with solder but warping and buckling from the localised heat is difficult to avoid/control.
More thought required....)):-(