The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepare for the flood
There's a story to go with the picture, courtesy of the Society of Automotive Historians of Britain https://www.thesahb.com/snapshot-215-austin-7-boat/

Peter.

.jpg   Snapshot-215-A7-Boat-corrected-SAHB-800-600x386.jpg (Size: 43.12 KB / Downloads: 725)
Super story Peter
This is how it seems to look today..

Attached Files
.jpg   boat austin 7.jpg (Size: 50.09 KB / Downloads: 520)
I don't think it is the same body.    Sorry I mean hull.[Image: biggrin.png]

https://www.antilogvacations.com/activit...21327748_1

Roger
With my boat building hat on it certainly looks substantially different. Th 3 plank sides now have multiple narrow planks, the fore deck is different with no raised portion, the portholes are in different places etc.

I am interested to know where the radiator cooling air comes from.
This has been discussed before, on the A7 Facebook group, I think. I believe that the conclusion was that the current boat/car is a replica, while YX6686 still exists, but has reverted to being a conventional Chummy.
Is that an air scoop just aft of the first porthole?
J
In 1967 I worked in a bank in Kensington High Street, and this car was a familiar, almost daily, sight, and was often to be seen buzzing about the then uncrowded streets (you could park all day, free of charge, at the side of Kensington High Street if you wanted to...). I believe it was also featured in an early edition of Veteran and Vintage (a Bill Boddy-led magazine before The Automobile) in their monthly column of photos called something like 'Seen around town recently'. These were the days when many prewar cars were still in use as normal daily transport. Happy days...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
If it was on Faceache then it must be true  Big Grin
Wasn't this car used in some adverts possibly in the 70's I think for Insurance?