The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to keep you going
Those bored but possessed of OS sheet 110 might like to try this. It’s the route instructions for the 1976 A7 Sports Register Rally. With thanks to Mike Costigan who planned it in the first place.

This is it

Attached Files
.jpeg   23C8C6D9-B557-417D-AB59-DD905CE6CB9C.jpeg (Size: 111.62 KB / Downloads: 341)
Alan Fairless
Good grief, Alan, where did you dig that up?

Anyone attempting this will need to know that the starting point is the Plough Inn, Hathersage, mr 234804!

Good luck, you may be able to do it using streetmap, starting here

&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf]https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=423302&y=381522&z=120&sv=hathersage&st=3&tl=Map+of+Hathersage,+Derbyshire+[Town]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

This may be easier to read:

OK, I've just had a go on streetmap, and it works - sort of! Ignore the reference to spot heights 360, 360 and 353 which no longer appear  on the current map, and you should be able to find your way ...

If you get lost, send up a flare and I'll come and find you - what a good excuse to get out of the house  Big Grin
I’ll save this for a rainy day or when I run out of materials building the new workshop...Whichever is sooner!
Very impressed, Alan and Michael - even I haven't kept that! Probably because I was a navigator (for Andy Storer) rather than the entrant.

Regards,

Stuart
Street map??? I’ve probably got the original plotted on the map I used. Can’t find an entry list or results, other than I think I finished 5th.
Alan Fairless
Looked at that quickly and thought it was some sort of Pilates/Karma Sutra class for stick men...

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
You're obviously a simple driver, not an intelligent navigator  Angel
Oh yes, guilty as charged.
I feel sick if trying to read a map on a motorway. Don't know how navigators keep on to their lunch reading detailed route instructions at speed, respect.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Simple answer. Before I was into sevens and in my youth I navigated on a few rally’s organised by my the Dukeries Motor Club. The secret was to take a couple of travel sickness pills before you start. Usually kept the contenders of the stomach where it should have been.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.