The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Cylinder Head
I cannot find it but was there a picture posted of the special cylinder head which used a variation of the block side water inlet manifold as the head water outlet manifold - or am I imagining things.

Is there any advantage to using one  of these heads over a late Ruby h/c head ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I have always found them rather harsh Derek.
Or a Speedex perhaps?

Better than the Supaloy in my humble opinion - at least I though so when I was considerably younger.

My Nippy went like the clappers with a Speedex head, but I felt the compression ratio was a bit high for it to last. As has been commented before, no idea how much it may have been skimmed.

Attached Files
.jpg   Captures.JPG (Size: 44.52 KB / Downloads: 271)
I think the main advantage the Supaloy head had over the 37 head was that you were less likely to foul plugs in a worn engine. The same was true of the Speedex.
I ran both on my special, it went better with the Supaloy than the Speedex, but it wasn't a direct swap on the same engine so maybe not a fair comparison.
Thank you for the quick response - as I thought they do exist ! 

We have found a water manifold but no head so far  Huh
In my experience the manifold is considerably rarer than the head.