The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Source book
Looking to purchase said book, however a little confused to why there's such a difference in pricing.
Can any one enlighten me ?
Its what some will call the market. What they can get away with.
Hi Paul

I think I heard somewhere (on this forum?) that it is going to be re-issued.  Might be sensible to hang on and either buy new or pick up an early version that may not have the rarity cost!

Cheers

Howard
Brand new, reprinted, copies may be had from the Pre War Austin Seven Club bookshop
£70 + £10 p&p.
www.pwa7c.co.uk. Click on bookshop.
hi paul,

if you are looking to buy one for referance.

buy a new one for £70 fantastic value.

if you are buying to look at the fantastic pictures.

then the first publication had a higher picture quality and this is the one you should be paying the high prices for.

after the first edition the club dropped to a lower picture quality, and dropped the price with it from £70 to either £30 or £35. because they felt they wouldnt be able to sell enough at the ever rissing rate of inflation. probably a good move.

BEWARE, the con men on the auction sites. will take advantage of selling the lower quality for the higher prices.

this way you have choices of what you pay your money out on.

good luck tony
Is my 1st edition Source Book a rarity?

It has several blank (i.e. unprinted) pages due to a printers error. I've replaced these with copied pages from a later edition.

Is it now a 'collectors item' and worth a small fortune ? -Not parting with it anyway!
Just for the craic Ian, if you bought an Agatha Christie with the last ten pages missing would it be a "collectable" or would it be a reject??
If the Agatha Christie was missing the last ten pages it would be a real 'Whodunnit?'. For ever.
Sad 
Thanks for the information, think I will order a new one.
Something to read while sitting out Coronavirus.
Best of health to you all.