The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amelia Island Concours D'elegance
No I am not there but a friend is and he sent me this picture. Very very pretty! (Is that windscreen stock?)

Attached Files
.jpg   Austin 7.jpg (Size: 71.07 KB / Downloads: 523)
.jpg   Austin 7 sign.jpg (Size: 40.42 KB / Downloads: 521)
1931 Taylor Semi-Sports
The windscreen is correct.
The radiator shell should be chrome plated.
The headlights, mudguards and wheels aren't right.
How it may have once looked:

.jpg   1928 Taylor Semi-Sports.jpg (Size: 124.69 KB / Downloads: 436)
I've got a lot of information on this car if anyone was considering it. I'd like to know what it got to, as it had no reserve?
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/am20/...lor/853052

btw, has anyone seen the "serial number" with those suffix letters listed... on a cylinder head before. I can't think it came from anywhere else.
At first glance it looks similar to the Taylor but there are important differences base of windscreen, scuttle length, bonnet etc.
I think it's necessary to bear in mind cars like the Taylor were virtually bespoke one-offs. They were not produced on a production line, they were probably not even built on spec for sale to an unknown buyer, so individual differences like bonnet length or windscreen shape were probably down to an individual's order. Check out Austin Harris' website, where there are several Taylors shown, each different in detail. Gordon England, Mulliner and Swallow were probably the only coachbuilt versions where one might expect to see two identical cars.
This one's body was a very standard Taylor up until the 1960s. The Taylor company new car specs were detail listed in the editorial of the day so there had to be a fair few of that same spec. And if it's not formally documented as bespoke (which this one isn't), then it is more likely to be later "restoration"...
In Mike's picture.

Is the talors body, aluminium with engine turning?

Or another finish.

Thanks tony.
Tony, I'm pretty sure it's turned alloy.
A very interesting finish, Mike.

I like it.

I'm surprised others haven't copied it on specials.

Tony