The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An odd-looking body...
1930 Chummy on eBay - an odd-looking body - especially to the rear and the rear wings. What has somebody been doing?
Ads from "Dover" usually have other Sevens and sometimes VW campers in the background, so why has this one been photographed so intentionally very badly. Surely not to obscure exactly what the machine looks like.
Looks like a home made body or possibly a cut down saloon to me.....
this is the little chummy based special project that sold 6 months of so back at under 5k (in an oldish light green), and then was immediately painted light blue (didnt sell), dark blue (didnt sell) and now has had bodywork to return it to chummyoid directions...
(06-03-2020, 11:22 AM)JonE Wrote: this is the little chummy based special project that sold 6 months of so back at under 5k (in an oldish light green), and then was immediately painted light blue (didnt sell), dark blue (didnt sell) and now has had bodywork to return it to chummyoid directions...
Good data - a trail well followed - thanks.
Ah, sad. It was rather quaint and "of the period" before being cut about.
This was discussed on the Facebook A7 group last week and started to get a bit nasty, with words like "slander" (libel, actually, although it wasn't), being chucked about.
Desperate times cal for desperate remedies.
What is confusing me though is that I thought the photographs were a lot clearer when I looked before. The seller also usually takes good photos, so one wonders what the game is.
The cut down saloon idea seems correct, if the screen is anything to go by. Front seats look to be Ruby type.
Robert Leigh