The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious tank cleaning
Video 
    phase one  cleaning of a tank that has been stood for 25 years
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Hello Derek,
Seems like your "bétonnière" stood for the same amount of time? Joking again, sorry...
Seriously, that's very good practice.
Hope you'll show us what came out. And what did you put inside to ground the walls?
Renaud
I used a handful of brass bits and bobs, mostly 1/4" rod, cut up when I did this with the Chummy tank a few years ago......
Renaud, 
That concrete mixer I bought new 25 years ago to build my garage. It has been used many times and has earned me many bottles of fine scotch whiskey. I doesn’t owe me a penny.  Also an interesting fact is that when the main drum bearings broke up I replaced them with secondhand Rosengart mains left over from a rebuild. So French Austin Seven concrete mixer
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Those huge carrier bags they deliver sand and gravel in are just the right size for covering your mixer when not in use... (ask me how I know that). It seems to be a French thing, certainly round here at least that every self respecting Cevenol has a C15 van and a cement mixer. I have had the mixer for about 18 years (it's an electric one 140L) and the C15 for about 10 so I'm fully integrated! I haven't managed to wear either of them out yet.

By the way Derek, there's no 'E' in Scotch, only Irish and Bourbon.
Reckless I spelt it correctly , the bloody phone didn’t. I do curse the autocorrect sometimes.
You're lucky then, because I was just sharpening my Claymore!
Such ingenuity as expected from you Derek!
(03-03-2020, 05:10 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Renaud, 
That concrete mixer I bought new 25 years ago to build my garage. It has been used many times and has earned me many bottles of fine scotch whiskey. I doesn’t owe me a penny.  Also an interesting fact is that when the main drum bearings broke up I replaced them with secondhand Rosengart mains left over from a rebuild. So French Austin Seven concrete mixer
Ha ha! I like that interesting recycling of those good old bearings!
(03-03-2020, 05:19 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Those huge carrier bags they deliver sand and gravel in are just the right size for covering your mixer when not in use... (ask me how I know that). It seems to be a French thing, certainly round here at least that every self respecting Cevenol has a C15 van and a cement mixer. I have had the mixer for about 18 years (it's an electric one 140L) and the C15 for about 10 so I'm fully integrated! I haven't managed to wear either of them out yet.

By the way Derek, there's no 'E' in Scotch, only Irish and Bourbon.
Those bags are called here "big bags" as you surely know Reckless. No french for that! About Scotch I only drink here Armagnac or Cognac. When in Rome...
The first flush was just water and washing up liquid with a good handful  of 3/4” gravel . After running it around for about an hour it came out like thick black tea and sand. I took a video of it pouring out but can’t upload it.