The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk.1 Pearl Colour Advertisement
A real "Pearl" - Light Car Magazine Cover, Motor Show 1934. Download a slightly higher resolution image here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice picture.  The Longbridge artist yet again takes liberties with the colours - a red hood (?) body-coloured grill without the Austin Seven script, cream running boards (for how long?) and someone should tell him (or her) not to let their handle dangle.
What makes me think this might be a poster for a Rogers and Hart West End musical based on Anthony and Cleopatra? The number plate does read "asp."
ASP 35 was obviously a reference to Austin Seven Pearl 1935.
(19-02-2020, 09:55 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: ASP 35 was obviously a reference to Austin Seven Pearl 1935.
Mike is horribly good with number plates. I once asked him what combination of letters and numbers would be suitable for a "cherished" plate and he came up with two perfect solutions off the top of his head. I hadn't managed any of them in a whole week.

(19-02-2020, 08:51 AM)Robin Oldfield Wrote: Nice picture.  The Longbridge artist yet again takes liberties with the colours - a red hood (?) body-coloured grill without the Austin Seven script, cream running boards (for how long?) and someone should tell him (or her) not to let their handle dangle.
What fun it would be, if restoring a Pearl, to mimic the picture exactly......plus white-wall tyres, of course.
One might ask whether the age related SV is only issued to side valve engines, then again one should immediately return to the workshop.