Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted dip switch
Hi After a headlight dip switch for my 33 tourer
Cheers
If you are lucky the real thing may turn up, but if not a classic motorcycle dip switch is very similar, and the handlebar clip will fit on the steering column. This is purely a practical solution and not very expensive.
Robert Leigh
There are currently two on ebay.  One at £100(!!!!!); another currently at £4.99.  The latter appears complete but quite corroded and needs careful refurbishing.
If you don't get fixed up then I may be able to help.
The latter, an RN one recently removed by the looks of it, you can also buy its rolling chassis and body too! :-)

Remember that you can fashion a similar version - a little shorter - with a brand new Lucas of about 20 quid and strap lengthened.
Tony did all the mods to the brand new lucas ones and was retailing them (I have one), perhaps he has some left?

Talking of dipswitches, when the Ruby's progress through the night depended on 6v 30w bulbs, no form of dipping was needed, just good night vision and courage. Fitting LEDs and then new reflectors meant that dipping was now nessecary. However the Seven was not designed with size 11 shoes in mind, and the dipswitch was wholly inaccessible behind pedals, speedo drive cables etc. I therefore moved the switch for the bulkhead to manual operation. How much better and significantly safer night time driving is using LEDs, and how easily within the capacity of the original dynamo. My local MOT man said he'd happily pass them if I wanted an MOT rather than the periodic informal check up on everything. Oh dear, what a pity I am one of the Austin Sevens banned by either senior VSCC scrutineers or Colnbrook apparatchiks, or both, from entering this weekend's Measham with safer headlights.