The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm
All my plans for playing today kicked out by a combination of injury and weather.
I tripped over allow dinosaur/dragon sculpture and measured my length on the tarmac and kerb of the supermarket car park yesterday taking a large flap off my kneecap and ruining a pair of bran new moleskin trousers but still did some work on the car.
I did plan a quick spin/test drive and was going to ignore the storm warnings. However today the beck came up the garden and although the salt has washed away, this is just past the highest point and I'm waiting to make sure it doesn't come back up!

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1008.JPG (Size: 16.95 KB / Downloads: 457)
After last night's wind and rain, we have had so much wet that it has poured down the mountain, into my garage and out the other side. Currently the garage is under about 4 inches of water.

.jpg   S02EI001.JPG (Size: 142.59 KB / Downloads: 358)
.jpg   S02EI003.JPG (Size: 102.88 KB / Downloads: 358)
.jpg   S02EI004.JPG (Size: 134.57 KB / Downloads: 360)
.jpg   S02EI005.JPG (Size: 101.39 KB / Downloads: 358)
.jpg   S02EI006.JPG (Size: 119.43 KB / Downloads: 358)
That is a right mess to clear up! Floodwater is always filthy and I hope no serious damage has been done.
Big big reason for living on top of the mountain, or what goes for a mountain around here , Hampshire downs. Sorry to see the mess that you have to clear up. Have you tried digging a most around your castle.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
It has not rained for a couple of hours and the water running down the field has begun to subside. Much of the water may very well drain out of the garage overnight. Its gone down a couple of inches already, so we shall hvae to see! There is nothing on the floor that is likely to come to too much grief, but, until I can get the cars out, I don't know if it has got into the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet where I keep spares, or the tool cabinet. Given the height of the water, I suspect it has.

I am so glad I waxoyled the bottoms of the Polo and Seven. Rust from condensation can be quite pernicious.
Top of a mountain? Mytholmroyd is pretty much up a hill, but the water has to run down...
Get those tools and spares out PDQ David, you'll regret it if you don't!
We have been very lucky. A few years ago the water was within 1/2 an inch of getting into our house and most of our neighbours copped it in varying states of vileness. It looks as if today might be another one.
Dear Derek. I live half way up a mountain, but,having had about 4 inches of rain in 24 hours on top of already sodden ground, the water has to go somewhere, and it appears that my garage was  just in the way.

Dear Duncan. Yes i am going to brave the weather and at least do some preliminary clearing up and salvage as soon as I have got warm from going out to feed the horses. To add insult to injury, it has now started snowing! All i can say is: Thank goodness for a Landrover!

Attached Files
.jpg   S02FI001.JPG (Size: 140.16 KB / Downloads: 132)