The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phasing out of petrol & diesel vehicles
Yes but Dave we have discussed this previously. I have a 100W panel on my caravan and in bright sunlight it will take about 12 hours to charge a standard car battery and I can't be bothered to work out how many days it would take to charge an electric vehicle. So I am afraid that a panel like this on an electric vehicle is next to useless if being used as a part of propulsion.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Below is a link to the government’s consultation on the phasing out of petrol and diesel.  An opportunity to have your say you have until 29 May 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultati...s-and-vans
Perhaps those of us who have cast doubts as to the practicality of electric cars on the grounds of limited range should re consider. Now we are in lockdown I can see that these electric vehicles will be able to operate well within their range!
Keep safe,
Roger
I'm not a supporter of battery electric cars however I'm watching the owner's progress with interest. With the Swedish government report that the emissions to produce an electric car's battery being the same as those produced by driving an IC engined car for eight years and as one local electric car owner has found he needs a new battery after 6 years battery electric cars are a joke. Much better to use a hydrogen fuel cell electric car using hydrogen produced from methane from fermenting sewage.
The all electric version of the Fiat 500 costs three times as much as the petrol equivalent.
Over here Fiat advertising is promoting a recycled plastic interior with 10% from the sea. Doesn't encourage me to buy one though.