The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are some things so difficult - to take apart?
Hi Reckers

I must put my hand up and own up to using the IAEFRFI rule more than I should.

(If all else fails read the * instructions)

I also saw on this on a flat pack furniture box.

Do it our way first!!!

Cheers

Howard
(22-01-2020, 03:15 PM)Steve Jones Wrote:
(22-01-2020, 10:45 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: What do they call a fully-loaded Skoda?    ...................... An Audi.

I better not let my fully loaded Skoda (computer, air con, electric seats, heated seats, cruise, full leather, alloys etc. etc.) see that, Tony. It would be insulted!! I think I've told the story of my previous Octavia before. I had the keys stolen and it had a full new lock set fitted. £300 at the Skoda Dealer. The service chap told me that if had been a Golf, a VW Dealer would have charged £500 and if an A3, the Audi Dealer £800. Same lock set, same part numbers, same time allowance for fitting just a different sticker on the boxes. 

Steve
I have a similar story: when the DSG gearbox became available as an option I went to Skoda for a price (£750); VW £1250 and then Audi (£1750). Asked why the Audi unit cost over twice as much as for the Skoda, all the poor salesman could come out with was, "Well, I suppose they're built in different factories."
The VW Beetle is a classic example of designed in difficulty, just putting oil in the engine is a challenge, the filler pipe is similar to our Sevens but inclined at 45 degrees so if you pour the oil in too fast it will go all over the engine. Fitting a new speed cable takes 5 minutes on a Seven and 5 hours on a Beetle.
"Dave Mann:
The VW Beetle is a classic example of designed in difficulty, just putting oil in the engine is a challenge, the filler pipe is similar to our Sevens but inclined at 45 degrees so if you pour the oil in too fast it will go all over the engine...."
............Hello Ford cross-flow engine- always that if you were in a hurry and/or the customer was 'hovering'!!
I did work for Rover developing the interfaces between ECUs on the cars and a laptop for their diagnostics.
Basically the company were only interested in designing cars and building cars. Such things as diagnostics and ease of maintenance was not on the agenda. There's not much money in it for them.
They contracted out the work and then, when BMW took over, they did exactly the same.
Jim