The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1929 Ulster replica for sale £29500
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1191071
I'm curious about the decision to go to a split screen. Rear wheels closed center, front wheels open center.

Erich in Seattle
Thanks Edgar for a hilarious start to a wet Saturday morning. I know nothing about the car, but Julien Sumner or maybe a youthful ad copywriter in the back office, have produced a magnificent piece of inaccurate and misspelt fluff that doesn't even have the excuse of being badly translated from German. Surely the vendor can't have been asked to check the text. The only bit missing is a claim about performance at Brooklands.
Sorry I don't see a real issue with the description, yes perhaps a couple of miss spellings and a little fluff, but otherwise how is it all that inaccurate? You could perhaps debate its true value or your personal taste regarding the aesthetics, but it is an A7 special designed for trailing and probably would work well as such.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi All

It’s a nice car and I know Steve Hodgson would make a cracking job of the build. Just hope my special will command that sort of price when it’s time to sell Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Steve kay Wrote:Thanks Edgar for a hilarious start to a wet Saturday morning. I know nothing about the car, but Julien Sumner or maybe a youthful ad copywriter in the back office, have produced a magnificent piece of inaccurate and misspelt fluff that doesn't even have the excuse of being badly translated from German. Surely the vendor can't have been asked to check the text. The only bit missing is a claim about performance at Brooklands.
It may well have Brooklands history !
I'm sure in 2007 I did the VSCC driving tests there and I thought Steve turned over a car just like this on one of the tests on the banking.
Very pretty yet functional-looking but in no way an "Ulster" (what an over-used word that is). A really cracking specification - and no doubt its absolutely first-class workmanship - will combine to make it an effective trials and driving test winner. However, it is just a "special" and the price, of course, hugely optimistic.
(11-01-2020, 11:44 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote:
Steve kay Wrote:Thanks Edgar for a hilarious start to a wet Saturday morning. I know nothing about the car, but Julien Sumner or maybe a youthful ad copywriter in the back office, have produced a magnificent piece of inaccurate and misspelt fluff that doesn't even have the excuse of being badly translated from German. Surely the vendor can't have been asked to check the text. The only bit missing is a claim about performance at Brooklands.
It may well have Brooklands history !
I'm sure in 2007 I did the VSCC driving tests there and I thought Steve turned over a car just like this on one of the tests on the banking.
Would this be a case of situational irony then Tongue

Paul N-M
Saw the car several times in Steve's shop when he was building it and watched him driving it on the Stoneacre Trial. Quality build and it works!
Quote "but in no way an "Ulster" (what an over-used word that is)"
I am inclined to agree with you Tony but we should also remember that the term "Ulster" was coined by us as enthusiasts rather than an official name for a particular model, I agree that today it is used/abused to cover anything which is of a similar design. This particular car has at least got a body on it which started as a replica "ulster" type but with a fair amount of personalisation, personally I feel that unless someone is claiming it to be an accurate recreation whats the harm in using the description.

I should add that even if we feel it is overpriced, try having a car built to the same specification for that money, only if you are capable of doing almost all the work yourself would you manage that.
Black Art Enthusiast