The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horn mechanism
Hi everyone
Another silly question from a hapless newbie: have just rebuilt the horn/indicator mechanism on our 1936 Opal.  The indicator switch was sited at the top. The 'tabs' on the inside of the steering wheel hub which I presume are the self cancelling mechanism are at the bottom. Is this right or was something fitted upside down?
Cheers from Chris and Hilary
I should have said that with switch at the top and 'tabs' at the bottom the road wheels were in the straight ahead position
Sounds like the steering wheel is on 180 degrees out!

You'll have to take it all apart (again), undo the nut to release the wheel with the wheels straight ahead, remove and rotate the wheel 1/2 a turn and put it back on again.
Hi Ladybird. With the steering wheel in the correct position the top spoke should be vertical and the other two sloping down. This neatly obscures the speedo, but seems to be the way it was designed. The tabs inside the boss will then engage with the self cancelling indicator switch, which has its operating lever at the top.
Thanks for replies, thought it looked wrong, not my work I hasten to say. Steering wheel was definitely upside down as indicated by ‘spoke’ position...