The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
date my car
can anyone out there tell me when chassis number 14139 was constructed the car was first taxed in febuary 1926 and has 6ins brakes and is an original chummy thanks Rob.
Robert - I would suggest in the first month or so of 1926.
thanks Ruairidh I did not realise that it could be so quick from Factory, to a showroom or garage then sold and on the road in such a short time span. just to let you know I have video of your dad and some of the old time Bristol club members and their cars I took in a field in west Wales almost 40 years ago its better than old film because we have full sound on it. In those days with early video cameras you had to lug the video recorder about with you and the camera was plugged into it and you recorded directly onto a big cassette, the event we were at was the golden grove rally west wales if anyone else was there who remembers the event maybe one day we could get a few copies put onto a more usable format, be safe this year and watch out for nutters !!! Rob. p.s Ian does talk to the camera encouraged by his friend and does what Ian does and there are many well known south Wales club members recorded as well,
Hi Robert

I may be speaking out of turn but why not send Peter Hales the SWA7 club secretary an email. It’s possible we could help arrange for the video transfer? 
swa7csecretary@gmail.com

Cheers

Howard
Robert,

If the car has it’s original back axle you should be able to see a date stamped into it - it is my understanding that this was one of the last parts to be fitted and the nearest you are likely to get a factory assembled date from.

With regards to the video - yes please!
I would be glad if anyone could take on the task of reproducing the video in a more modern form I would be happy to pay for a copy,or perhaps get it out there on utube I do not possess the technical know how I must be one of the few in the country who does not possess a mobile phone regards to all Rob.
I can digitise VHS video to DVD or MPEG4 - likewise for Super and Standard 8 film.
Ruairidh is basically correct. 

The following is how Seven production was carried out in the late '20s.

The engines are built on the floor above the chassis erecting shop. These are moved by means of conveyor into the shop where they are tested and assembled to the gearboxes and final assembly undertaken.
Alongside this line is the frame building track. At the end of this line both front and rear axles are fitted, the rears being first test run, then the steering assembly. The engine / gearbox assy. is the fitted, followed by the prop. shafts. Finally the foot controls and wheels and tyres before being taken to the body shop.

Engine assemblies could be stored for some time but axle manufacture went straight onto the chassis erecting line thus more accurately dating the vehicle.
thanks to all for the information I will go and crawl under the car with a torch if I can find a clear date I will tell you this afternoon, Ruairidh message me an address and I wiil send you the tape if you want to copy it, there are a few people on there that your dad and others will have known very well but are no longer with us. the seven workshop attended that day I cant remember if theres a shot of their stall on the tape but there might be. My car that day is the fabric bodied Austin twenty WE camped in it that weekend best regards Rob.
You 9should0 have mail Robert - thank you.