The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch pedal Arm Stop
Hello all,
I have to make the clutch pedal arm stop or rest that bolts to the bell housing stud on the engine. I have looked through the parts list for 1929  and it doesn't appear to be listed. My engine didn't have one fitted when I got it.

Was this a part that was used on production cars ?
Or was it found not to be required ( just shown in pre - production photos) ?

If it was fitted originally, can anyone give me measurements and a couple of good pictures that I can use to fabricate one?

Any help in this regard would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Stephen

Maybe it was found that the firewall essentially did the same thing
Cheers

Mark
Hi Steve

If it did ever exist in production it would have been removed once the clutch started to wear. On the four crankcases I have worked all have the rear engine mount area chewed by the clutch pedal hitting it!

Basic remedy is to ensure the clutch fingers, pressure plate etc are all adjusted properly!

Cheers

Howard
I for one am not aware that a stop was ever fitted, there certainly isn't a need for one in practice.
I have never seen a stop like that. There is nothing shown or listed in any of the parts lists, but that doesn't prove anything, there's no clutch pedal listed either!
This stop prevents the pedal from coming back too far when at rest.
Stephen
The picture looks like a show engine. As there are no floorboards I expect the bracket was put on to stop the pedal dropping back.
Jim
(22-12-2019, 04:06 PM)AustinWood Wrote: The picture looks like a show engine. As there are no floorboards I expect the bracket was put on to stop the pedal dropping back.

This is what I was wondering. Many things on show items often don't get used in production. Since i didn't know for sure i thought I'd ask.
Stephen
With a three speed gearbox the pedal does tend to migrate backwards at speed. I have one of the brackets removed from a 1929 engine that hadn't been messed around with. Will try and find it in the next few days.
    Herewith photographs as promised.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)