The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread for distributor locking screw...
Can anybody please confirm the thread for the screw that goes into the end of the dynamo, the one that locates into the groove of the distributor shaft.

Many thanks.
M6 I believe Ruairidh, which was surprising to me at least, but I have checked a number and all seem to be the same.
Black Art Enthusiast
I agree with Ian, definitely m6
Or 0BA, the same pitch?
I have always used 0 BA.  Lucas were fond of BA threads, for example the terminal screws used on cutouts and switches.
Excellent information - thank you all!
Would have been 0 ba,very close to m6
The closeness of M6 1mm and 0BA to ¼ BSF is worth noting. It is easy to mistake 0 BA for damaged BSF and retap. However for a short thread in an emergency BSF can sometimes be recovered with M6 1mm pitch. And if stuck for a ¼ nut can put a tap through a metric!
A friend has just suggested the following to me:

"a lot of the early Lucas components were copied from Bosch which is why you find metric threads and metric dimensions on dynamos and distributors such as the thread on the dynamo and a metric bearing. On the DEL the distributor body is also metric dia."
(24-10-2017, 07:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: A friend has just suggested the following to me:

"a lot of the early Lucas components were copied from Bosch which is why you find metric threads and metric dimensions on dynamos and distributors such as the thread on the dynamo and a metric bearing.  On the DEL the distributor body is also metric dia."

Which may also explain the distributor spindle diameter being 12.5mm not 1/2", strange though that the other distributor clamping bolt is 1/4" BSW
Black Art Enthusiast