The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake front top pivot
Hi All

I will need to replace the top pivot on the front brakes.  The current pin is peened over in a similar way to the rears.  I notice from the cherished suppliers that a pin with a 5/16” threaded portion is listed. Does this pin mean that access to the king pin brass “dust shield” cover is limited? 

Cheers

Howard
These were originally screwed in however, if they come loose the thread is damaged beyond use which may be why yours are peened over.
Dave,
Not all were the screw in type. I have NOS of both screw in type and push in which would have to be peened over.
goes to show you.

i thought they were all originally push in and peen over.

i have a few old stock push in here to clear out if anyone needs any.

tony
Thanks all

Both the RK and my new 29 special have peened over pivots.  

I’ll be in touch.

Cheers

Howard
All the pre Girling stub axles I've seen have a threaded hole for the pivot pin , admittedly some had little thread left.
I agree with Dave, never seen a pre grilling stub with pressed in Pivot, although seems that some owners attempt to peen over the end of the thread in an attempt to stop them coming loose which may confuse some. Rear Axles use the plain press in and peen over type that Chris mentioned above.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi All

What is confusing me a bit is the picture On the Seven Workshop site.  Which seems to show a pivot, shank and then thread. Hope this link works.

https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/p...ot-front-1

I’ll have to check with Jamie unless anyone can enlighten me further.

Cheers

Howard

[url=https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/products/br0250a-brake-shoe-top-pivot-front-1][/url]
These are locked with a nut and work perfectly - I fitted two this week.
Thanks Ruairidh 

Does the nut not interfere with the king pin dust cap?  

Cheers

Howard