The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New project
Thanks for the add to the forum, i am taking delivery of a totally stripped 1935 Austin 7 Ruby this weekend and i know i will be asking a lot of questions about getting this project up and running again. 
.jpg   Ruby side.jpg (Size: 104.04 KB / Downloads: 889) any help appreciated. engine is totally stripped, as is the interior, no fabric on the seats body stripped, last owner had it for years and decided he was not going to rebuild it.

Attached Files
.jpg   Ruby back.jpg (Size: 103.82 KB / Downloads: 871)
I think that I speak for all “Friends “and say welcome to the world of Sevens. Don’t be frightened to ask, there’s no such thing as a silly question if you don’t know the answer. Good luck
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Thanks for that.
Eddie - email me on ausevenoz@gmail.com and I may be able to help.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the forum. As you're in Ireland, I'm not sure if you've checked this out, but your car is still on the DVLA Database showing it was last taxed in the UK in November 1979. It's also listed on the A7CA Chassis Register as a record 'that hasn't been updated for a very long time.' The entry shows that it was once owned by a member of the Pre War Austin 7 Club. The link below takes you to the DVLA Database showing your cars details.

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle

.png   Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 00.10.16.png (Size: 92.87 KB / Downloads: 803)
Congratulations on your purchase! I see you describe it as being in very poor condition - I beg to differ! From what I can see from the photos, it actually looks in pretty good condition. The rear wheel arches, the bottom of the 'B' post, the 'sills' all appear quite solid. If that reflects the overall condition of the car, you really are starting with a great project. It would be nice to see further photos of the car with all the stuff packed inside it removed so we can see the rest of the condition...

If I may be allowed to make one suggestion? Adopt the phrase 'Do something every day, even if it's only make a phone call' In that way, you will get the car done...

Best of luck!
Lucky chap Eddie! Looks brilliant - and as Hugh says, in pretty decent condition. Good luck with the project - don't lose all the patina and wear on the car, that's its visible history. You will find plenty of help through these pages.
If it's any help, as a guide to the length of a project, I obtained my RP saloon in 1982 in a very similar state. The car was "all there" according to the previous owner (which it was) but nevertheless it took me 7 years to get it finished and back on the road. Take your time and it will be well rewarded. Good luck.
Are you certain it's 1935 - the body is ARR, introduced in July 1936 with chassis numbers from 249701?
Thanks Hugh. The bottom of the passenger side in front of the wheel is in need of repair. I spent the last two weekends clearing out the garage to make way for this project. Ready to collect it this Saturday. I am looking forward to removing all of the stuff inside and getting a good look at what i purchased. 
Regards,

Eddie.

Thanks Nick, no doubt i will be looking for loads of information from all on this site. I did not expect to find a dedicated forum for the Austin 7 and am delighted to be a part of it now.  Ed.

Thanks "Reckless Rat", This will be my second project and the first was a Ford Popular that i left in the garage for 3 years before starting work on it. I got that one finished in a year, but i think this one will take a lot longer. It might even bring me into retirement if it goes on for 7 years...lol..Ed.

Thanks Jeff, Wow, 40 years off the road. The guy i purchased it from started all of the dismantling and then left it lying in his garage, only deciding to sell it this year and although i might have paid "over the odds" for it, i am delighted to have been in the right place at the right time to snap it up. Interesting history, i did not know about either database. I will post a photo of the tax book on Saturday or Sunday when i receive it. It might jog someone memory. Ed.