The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1932\3 austin7 RP
Wink 
Hello, could anyone advise as to whether the steering box on the Austin Ruby will fit the 1932/3 Austin 7 RP.
any advise would be appreciated.  Thanks.
It will be too short unless you also use a Ruby steering wheel Smiley.
(19-10-2017, 08:51 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It will be too short unless you also use a Ruby steering wheel Smiley.

Thank you.  Would it be possible to use the existing column ?
Smiley - sorry, I don’t quite understand your question.

What are you wanting to do? With more detail there will be many who can help you for sure.
(19-10-2017, 10:14 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Smiley - sorry, I don’t quite understand your question.

What are you wanting to do?  With more detail there will be many who can help you for sure.

Ok, thanks for your patience.  I have a Complete steering box from a ruby which includes the steering column and steering wheel. A complete assy.  I am considering swopping the whole assy, but unfortunately the steering wheel is not good. I suppose I could get another wheel if necessary.
Regards
So if you have an RP assy do we assume the casting is broken and you are asking if you can swap it for the Ruby item, to which the answer is yes, or are we still missing something?
Black Art Enthusiast
Hello Ian, The existing RP Box is worn and has been adjusted to take up the slack. This has produced tight spots.
The Ruby box appears to be in good condition and I was considering swopping the complete unit over. Is that possible?
Thanks
Smiley
Unless you are competent at rebuilding A7 steering boxes it is not something I would recommend you attempt, depending on the reason your existing box is tight it could probably be rebuilt to function correctly by someone who knows what they are doing. If you are mechanical confident and considering undertaking this job yourself then get a copy of Woodrow which should provide all the guidance you need.
Black Art Enthusiast
(19-10-2017, 11:17 PM)Smiley Wrote: Hello Ian, The existing RP Box is worn and has been adjusted to take up the slack. This has produced tight spots.
The Ruby box appears to be in good condition and I was considering swopping the complete unit over. Is that possible?
Thanks
Smiley

Personally, I'd look around for a decent RP steering box.  Once you start fitting incorrect parts, one thing tends to lead to another. If you use the Ruby wheel, you'll then have the issue of losing your hand throttle and ignition timing levers, which will lead to further mods being needed, and so on ad infinitum!
I would think it's certainly worth looking inside you RP column. It may be salvageable by turning the worm-wheel to an unused sector.
Jim