The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diktat from MUK
Like Peter, I made a point of speaking with the chap on the MUK stand at the NEC yesterday. Charlie tried his best to help and to give me the 'Party line' on the new reg but I am sorry to say he failed on all counts.

1. The reg will be published on November 18th on the MUK website.

2. He could not explain why there had been zero consultation or why it was being rushed in for Jan 2020.

3. He said that it will be possible to fill in the licencing form at an event and for the organisers to send the forms MUK afterwards. I told him I was sure the organisers would welcome that extra chore.

4. The licence will be free, and according to Charlie always will be.

5. They are introducing it to 'engage more with the grass roots'. And they 'want to keep things simple'. I suggested the simple thing was not to introduce licencing. Charlie kept a straight face.

6. The newly licenced bod will benefit from 'enhanced insurance' arrangements. Charlie could not tell me what those enhancements might be.

7. They will also benefit from the commercial partnership offers that come from third parties via MUK. Discounts on hotels, travel, etc. 

My guess is that this is being brought in solely to make MUK more attractive to the commercial partnerships by gathering names and addresses etc and that until we see what this enhanced insurance is about there is no tangible benefit to anyone except MUK.

Let's see what they publish on the 18th and individuals can then decide whether or not to protest at the imposition.

https://www.motorsportuk.org

Motorsport UK House
Riverside Park
Colnbrook
SL3 0HG
(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: ...
4. The licence will be free, and according to Charlie always will be.

Huh! Maybe, but that's not what the MUK say in their announcement. They just say no fee initially.
(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: ...
7. They will also benefit from the commercial partnership offers that come from third parties via MUK. Discounts on hotels, travel, etc. 

It is entirely possible that a passenger is a minor. It is illegal to commercially canvass a minor, so are the RAC about to put their foot in something brown and smelly?
As I understand it, under 18’s will be exempt from the licensing requirement.

Peter
The triumph of MUK, or how their plans were well prepared. Not all of us disapprove, or are making plans to rebel against or circumvent the new "free/an extra fiver each event licence." So obviously some well behaved souls decided to follow the instructions and apply for their licence today.
[attachment=8203

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vote with your feet, if every club and every member involved in grass roots motorsport refused to accept that the MUK has any jurisdiction over their events what would they do arrest every single one of you? I would also suggest setting up a regulatory body which demands that all cyclists, horse owners etc are licensed, send "officials" to every event of that type in the country and demand that they are all stopped due to the dangers to the public from untrained and unlicensed competitors, the lack of regulation etc, etc, etc. An out of control bicycle or horse can do as much damage as a motor cycle or car. Set up protests at every public event involving unlicensed competitors Inform the press what will take place, they would have a field day, the tabloids love controversy. It would require a coordinated effort but would expose the ridiculousness of the whole debacle and perhaps make authorities see sense.

PS I like horses and cycling, just using them as an example of how daft the whole thing is.
Black Art Enthusiast
I just tried to access the licence application page to see what is what, and got a '404 - page not found'. Grrrrr.
Works ok ,just applied.
All my passengers/bouncers will have to be under 18.
I hope that passengers will not need a licence ,there is no requirement to be a member of a club to get a licence.
How many events check membership cards?.
I will be entering the PWA7c trial in December,if the Bouncer needed a licence most probably not.
Andy
PS I seem to remember having a licence for Trials in the 80s,I think for restricted events only.
(19-11-2019, 07:17 PM)Stumpi Wrote: PS  I seem to remember having a licence for Trials in the 80s, I think  for restricted events only.

Me too, Andy. Covered road rallying as well. 

I've looked at renewing my Competition Licence today. For 2019 I had a Speed National 'A'. That cost £96 12 months ago. For 2020 that changes to an RS National and the cost increases by a massive 55% to £149. Add to that the £5/car increase in permit fees and it's obvious who's actually paying for the new 'free' RS Clubman licences Sad

Steve
Well that’s just put up my costs by £15 an event. Free?
Alan Fairless