The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1923 chummy
Hi all, just to let you know there is a nice 1923 chummy currently for sale on e bay. Here is the link
 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3382435818
looks a nice car.

mainly correct, if nothings altered. it shouldnt stay for sale to long.

would suggest its a little cheap.

go for it joe Wink
Being picky- shouldn't the gear lever be more vertical ?
I like the comment about the biscuits.
(02-11-2019, 01:51 AM)Tony Press Wrote: Being picky- shouldn't the gear lever be more vertical ?

Yes, the gear lever is a later (longer) version - that's about all I could pick fault with, and the longer lever makes for a better gear change...
this is the arguement with a 1923 car.

its between a less useable totally original car, or one with a few tweeks.

for me i love the total originality of a car, BUT when my own 23 car goes together. i to lazzy for the starter handle. id put a CAV bsconslicer on. and like most i like a drive on a hot summers day between pubs of course. so i would fit the fan.

shame there isnt a picture under the car, to see if its on a monkey puzzle etc.

tony
(02-11-2019, 10:07 AM)Tony Betts Wrote: this is the arguement with a 1923 car.

its between a less useable totally original car, or one with a few tweeks.

for me i love the total originality of a car, BUT when my own 23 car goes together. i to lazzy for the starter handle. id put a CAV bsconslicer on. and like most i like a drive on a hot summers day between pubs of course. so i would fit the fan.

shame there isnt a picture under the car, to see if its on a monkey puzzle etc.

tony

Hi Tony,
I take a contrary view. So rare are these early cars that 100% originality should be the aim - after all, they are barely above the class of a cyclecar and, on one of those, you would not replace the bobbin steering with rack and pinion, nor add front-wheel brakes, a speedometer - or cup holders. So, why not enjoy a very early Seven for what it is - simple and basic. Revel in all the interesting original parts and delight in driving around its many minor faults and compromises - and so all the more amusing and attractive because of that.
What is the handling like without shocks?

I could live with no speedo, starter, or fan - but not without a little steering.
They are very bouncy.
I like that  Wink
Alan Fairless