The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two nice looking A7 for sale in Australia
https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/201...85AS7CK00/

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/201...CDZU03ZK8/
The racing one looks like one of the Raid cars from the 1980,s
They came over here and spent a season teaching the 750mc how fast an upside down engineered Seven Can Go.
(25-10-2019, 09:41 PM)dickie65 Wrote: The racing one looks like one of the Raid cars from the 1980,s
They came over here and spent a season teaching the 750mc how fast an upside down engineered Seven Can Go.

Some of the story is chronicled here: http://www.austin7club.org/austin_7_%27raid%27_cars.htm

I remember, when I was a child, a visit by one of the raid cars to our home. The specially built box trailer was low enough for me to peer in at the blue car inside.

I also remember that we had a great party round the dinner table that night!
The racing car looks like Warren Bonnings very successful car of about 30 years ago and if so not a 'raid' car.
The red one looks like the aisin blown one I saw at bay to birdwood maybe 8 years ago. I recollect it was the quietest engine I had ever (not) heard
I'm not especially enamoured "specials", though the engineering can be very clever indeed (and things with an aircraft engine in a farm-cart chassis hold an appeal) but the red Seven does look delightfully well-proportioned and most attractive.
[Image: A7-Special.jpg]
LOT
1929 Austin Seven 'Aluminium Body' Racer
Guiding Range: $15,000 - $20,000
NO RESERVE
Share to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to PinterestPinterestShare to EmailEmail
923 people have viewed this lot
SPECIFICATIONS

Engine 803cc supercharged in-line four-cylinder
Gearbox Four-speed manual
Engine No. M61167
Chassis No. 7344
Body Work Single-seat racer
Colour Silver
Interior Black
Trim Vinyl
Wheels Wire spoke
Brakes Drum/drum

HISTORY

Well-known Austin Seven historic race car
Comprehensively rebuilt
Roots supercharged 803cc engine four-cylinder
CAMS Certificate of Description & Log Book
One of the best-known historic racing cars in Australia, this 1929 Austin Seven-based racer was first built over a four year period by Warren Bonning in the late‘70s. Loosely based on the 1936 factory race cars, this Austin Seven has competed regularly since completion in hillclimbs at places like Rob Roy, in sprints at Eddington and Myrniong, and in numerous historic circuit races at venues such as Winton. Built on an Austin Seven chassis and clad with a polished aluminium body, this racer is powered by a Roots supercharged 803cc Austin four-cylinder engine running on methanol for more power and cooler running. There’s a quick-change differential (with gear sets to suit most tracks) and other niceties like a quick-release removeable steering wheel, and period instruments that are from a WWII Spitfire aircraft! The wire wheels are aluminium. After constructor Bonning, there have been several owners before the vendor, who has raced the car regularly since 2006. This 1929 Austin Seven race car is being offered for sale unregistered and with No Reserve. There will be some history, a CAMS Log Book & Certificate of Description supplied with the sale.

LOT
1928 Austin Seven 'Supercharged' Roadster
Guiding Range: $15,000 - $20,000
NO RESERVE
Share to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to PinterestPinterestShare to EmailEmail
1170 people have viewed this lot
SPECIFICATIONS

Engine 750cc supercharged in-line four-cylinder
Gearbox Four-speed manual
Engine No. M190393
Chassis No. 65890
Body Work Roadster
Colour Red/black guards
Interior Black
Trim Leather
Wheels Wire spoke
Brakes Drum/drum

HISTORY

Lovely presented Austin Seven roadster
Supercharged 750cc engine
Body off restoration
Fully road legal
No Reserve
It would be hard to find something on four wheels as much fun as this lovely little Austin Seven roadster. Subject of a body-off restoration, this two-seater is in excellent condition throughout and adapted for modern road use. Finished in bright red with black guards and black wire wheels, it looks and sounds great … with its twin aero screens, it’s a real racer for the road. Inside, there’s a comfortable black leather seat, carpets and a wooden dashboard, complete with a good compliment of instruments. Under the short bonnet the hard-working 750cc in-line Austin four is fitted with a belt-driven supercharger, so it packs plenty of punch – especially as the car weighs next to nothing. With its full guards, turn indicators, lights and mirrors, this Austin Seven is fully road legal and was previously on Victorian club registration. Huge fun to drive, and where could you find another one like this! Our 1928 Austin Seven roadster is being offered for sale unregistered and with No Reserve.
The references include mention of a quick change diff. Anyone know how this was acheived? The standard types too heavy for a Seven. Also mention of 3 brg cranks early on. Were these old stock or the local reproduction? Unfortunate cc 803 as likely to be confused by many with the early BMC A engine.
The top end of the guide is less than £11K. I wonder what they will really make? (Said he, wishing, for the first time and probably only time, that he lived in Oz)
Talking of 803 cc, what cc is a standard Seven bored out to 60 thou? Is that not 803cc? (I can’t be sure of my maths having left school in ‘55 with an ‘unmarkable’ grade in GCE!).
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
80 thou oversize gives 803 cc - although the standard block is often compromised at 80 thou oversize. 

See page 272 of the Companion